How Does Optic Scumpii Make Money?
Seth ‘Scump’ Abner is a professional Call of Duty player, Youtuber and Twitch Streamer.
He is a part of Optic Gaming and also known as ‘THE KING’ for his massive success and fame in the Call of Duty community.
His birthday is on June 30th, 1995, meaning Seth ‘Scumpii’ Abner is 25 years old.
Scump has 3 different income sources:
- YouTube Ad Revenue
- Twitch Earnings
- Call of Duty Tournament earnings
*It’s likely Scump has other earnings as well for example a salary from Optic, but those figures are unknown.
How Much Money Does Scump Make?
Seth Abner likely makes around $43,550 per month from Youtube, Twitch, and CoD tournament earnings.
Here’s how we estimate this:
Youtube Ad Revenue
According to Social Blade, Scump makes between $1000 and $15,000 USD per month from Youtube.
Read also: how much do youtubers make
According to Twitch Tracker, Scumpii currently has 5,900 subscribers on Twitch.
Since we know Twitch subscribers pay a minimum of $4.99 and the regular Twitch partners take home 50%, we can conclude that Scumpii makes around $14,750 per month from Twitch subscribers.
Twitch Tracker also tells us he streams 2.5 days per week and has 9500 viewers on average. Using a $20 RPM standard for advertisements would add an extra $1,800 per month from pre-roll advertisements.
We have no data to estimate his donations but it’s likely to be around the $1000 – $5000 range for a streamer of his size.
Adding everything up, we estimate Scump makes about $17,550 per month from his Twitch.
According to esportearnings, Seth Abner has earned a career total of $868,755.35 150 from tournaments he’s played in.
He earned a total of $173,125.00 from tournaments in 2020.
His best year, earnings wise, was in 2017 when he made $269,500.00 just from tournaments.
If we average his total earnings from the last 5 years ($664k), we can estimate that Scump averages $11,000 per month in Call of Duty tournament earnings.
Read also: how much do esports athletes make
What Is Optic Scumpii Net Worth?
Seth ‘Scump’ Abner’s estimated net worth is $2 – 3 million USD.
How Did Seth Abner Get Started?
- In middle school, Scump’s brother got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and they started playing Halo together, at the time, he wasn’t allowed to play online as his mom deemed it unsafe.
- When Seth reached the 7th grade, he learned about MLG (Major League Gaming) and started playing ladder matches and gamebattles with his football team. Soon after he joined Devious, his first team.
- When Scump started playing MW2 is when he really started to get noticed. After a tournament which Scump lost, Rambo messaged him saying he recognized his raw talent for Call of Duty.
- When Black Ops 1 came around, Seth started going to LAN events and won the first LAN he ever attended. This set of a chain reaction of great games and Scump went from barely being recognized in MW2 to being one of the most recognized players in BO1.
- When MW3 came around, Scump was considered the best player in the game. Together with his team, Optic Gaming, he would win a total of 5 first-place finishes and one second-place finish.
- During BO2, Scump started blowing up on YouTube and began his online business empire.
- In 2013 – 2014 CoD Ghost season, Scump and Optic won the X-Games invitational and became the first Call of Duty gold medalists.
- In 2015, during the Advanced Warfare season, Scump would be known as the most well-known CoD player on the planet. His YouTube and Twitch channels continued to blow up and he would become popular way beyond competitive Call of Duty.
- Scump remained part of Optic gaming until the 2019 Modern Warfare season were he joined the Chicago Huntsmen
- In 2020, when Optic H3CZ reacquired Optic Gaming, Scump once again rejoined the team where he belongs.