How Does Pokimane Make Money?
Imane ‘Pokimane’ Anys is one of the biggest streamers and the second biggest female streamer in the world.
She was the biggest female streamer for a while but was recently overtaken by one of her best friends, Valkyrae.
She is by far the biggest female streamer on Twitch, though.
Pokimane streams on Twitch and runs a successful YouTube channel as well with over 6.5 million subscribers.
Her birthday is on May 14th, 1996, meaning Pokimane is 24 years old.
Pokimane has 5 different income sources:
- Twitch Subscribers
- Twitch Donations
- YouTube Ad Revenue
How Much Money Does Pokimane Make?
Pokimane likely makes between $60,000 and $100,000 per month from her online business activities.
Here’s how we made our estimations:
According to Twitch Tracker, Pokimane currently has 8,364 subscribers.
Since we know the minimum fee for subscribers is $4.99 and top-tier streamers take home 70% or $3.50 we can make a quick multiplication: $3.50 x 8,364 = $29,274.
If the statistics from Twitch Tracker are correct, Pokimane earns around $30,000 per month from Twitch Subscribers alone.
Streamers and YouTubers, especially those as big as Pokimane, can make A LOT of money from sponsorships.
However, Pokimane isn’t taking on any sponsorships she feels are unnatural or don’t fit her and her audience.
This is proven to us when it was revealed that Pokimane REJECTED a 3 million dollar deal.
I’m doing well enough to not want to do things for money that I don’t naturally want to do. Even if it’s 3 million dollars.Watch the full clip
Youtube Ad Revenue
According to Social Blade, Pokimane has 9 million monthly average views and makes anywhere between $2,500 to $40,000 per month from this.
This means Pokimane has an RPM (Revenue Per 1000 views) of between $0.25 and $4.
However, we know Social Blade’s minimum estimations to often be very far off. $0.25 per 1000 views is definitely not possible for a channel that does as well as Pokimane’s.
It’s more likely she is within the $3 – $4 RPM range and possibly even higher than that.
Thus Pokimane likely makes around $27,000 – $40,000 per month from Youtube Ad Revenue.
*These are all estimations, we don’t know how much Pokimane actually makes and can just guess based on the sources we have.
*How much Pokimane makes from Sponsorships and Donations is not something we can estimate.
Read also: how much Twitch Streamers make.
What Is Pokimane Net Worth?
Pokimane’s estimated net worth is $1 – 2 million USD.
This is of course just a rough estimation based on her current income and her many internet ventures online.
How Did Pokimane Get Started?
- Pokimane started streaming casually in 2012 mainly playing the video game League of Legends once she reached Platinum elo.
- In 2016 Pokimane dropped out of college (Chemical Engineering!) after realizing that she could pursue streaming full-time due to an influx of sponsorships, donations, and subscribers.
One of the strategies I used to balance streaming and university was to jam-pack back-to-back classes on 3 or 4 days of the week. That way, I had a couple of days off where I could stream. This resulted in exhausting 9 to 12 hour days and allowed me to maintain a stream schedule semblance.Pokimane in an interview with Forbes
- In 2017 Pokimane placed herself in the top 100 most followed streamers with over 400,000 followers on Twitch. In that same year, the Shorty Awards called named her the Best Twitch Streamer of the year.
- In 2017 Pokimane co-founded OfflineTV together with Scarra, LilyPichu, and DisguisedToast.
- In 2020 Poki signed a multi-year exclusive contract with Twitch. That same year she also joined Markiplier and Jacksepticeye’s brand Cloak as a partner and creative director.
- Pokimane was named a featured Honoree in the 2021 Forbes 30 under 30.